American, 1905 - 1965
Signed Diane Felsher and titled on artist's hand written label on reverse.
Diane Felsher was born in Russia/Poland in 1905 and immigrated to the United States in 1912. Her family name was originally Feldsher and she went by both Diane and Diana. She lived on the West Side of Chicago with her uncle who was a physician, plus cousins and other extended family members who were pharmacists.
Felsher was a high school art teacher and taught at such Chicago institutions as Taft, Wendell Phillips and Foreman High Schools.
She exhibited at the Art Institute of Chicago six times between 1936-1958. She was part of a cooperative Chicago gallery called “Exhibit A” that operated between 1957-1959 that included New Bauhaus artists. She exhibited at the Renaissance Society of the University of Chicago from 1956-1961 and at IIT in 1962. She was a member of both the Renaissance Society and The American Jewish Art Club. Felsher died in Chicago in 1965.